Friday, February 18, 2011

book lovin'

This year I am determined to take advantage of the amount of space I have for gardening. My landlord is an accomplished gardener and has encouraged me to ask her as many questions as possible. We have discussed what she grew on my deck when she lived here and what I can possibly grow on an east facing deck with an abundance of sunlight.

Grow Great Grub: Organic Food from Small SpacesOrganic Gardening For DummiesRodale's Ultimate Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening: The Indispensable Green Resource for Every Gardener

I would like to concentrate on organic herbs, meaning using an all natural method. Sometimes I wonder what all the fuss is about growing organic when it simply means returning back to basics. Nevertheless I found great resources in the form of books to guide me on my growing journey. Between my landlord and some basic reading  I am sure to yield a variety of herbs, vegetables and possibly some flowers this summer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...